Wednesday 11 July 2012

Ghetto Romper Room

Somedays I feel like I am a mom.  Except I have 50 plus people to "parent" and watch over.  Work. "Turn up the radio...  Turn down the radio... put the game on...  put another game on...  I need a new napkin/bib because I dropped mine on the floor...  I'm hungry.  Will you read the entire menu to me?....  Can I have more free popcorn? -- (Three baskets weren't enough.  Did you forget about me?  I said "more popcorn!")  I don't like this glass.  This cranberry juice gives me heartburn.  I need the "special" cranberry that you have to bow down for so I can see down your top....  (Yes.  Same cranberry as on the gun...  the guy is just a perv...  Perv who's not too happy that I won't wear a low cut top anymore.....)  I said 3 ice cubes and you gave me four!  I don't want this drink!  It's too hot in here....   It's too chilly in here...  Again.  I hate the glass you gave me.  Although it matches what beer you are serving me...  I want to throw it at your head."
 
I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a mom.  I know what it is like trying to control a room of grown people who are demanding.  I bow down to the moms.  At the end of the day I get to tell the sucky-whiney-jerks to give me their money.  Moms might try that with their wee ones but I doubt it will help pay the mortgage bill.  I am not a proud woman but I will do what I must to keep these cats somewhat pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment